Sustainability & Community
At the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, our firm belief is that economic growth, and the well-being of society, are both closely tied to the health of the environment.
We embrace our responsibility for environmental stewardship and are committed to integrating environmental practices and sustainability principles into our core business strategy.
We are in the interim stages of developing and implementing the many changes that will be necessary to achieve these vital goals.
Our current environmental stewardship goals are below with the indicated project progress:
- Investing in year-round solar heating of pool and hot tub water (100%)
- Installing LED lighting in all guest rooms and public areas (100%)
- Installing Energy star flat screen televisions in all guest rooms (100%)
- Using phosphate free laundry detergents (100%)
- Implementing recycling programs for batteries, plastic, cardboard, paint, paper, glass and metal (100%)
- Converting high water use landscaping to xeriscaping (80%)
- Installing low flow toilets in all guest rooms and public areas (85%)
- Recycling and donating outdated furnishing and linens.
- more coming soon...
As guests at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, you can participate in reducing our environmental impact by:
- Turning off lights and electronic appliances when vacating their guest room for the day.
- Leaving towels on the towel rack for use the next day. Only towels left in the tub will be replaced with fresh ones.
- Leaving glass, plastic bottles and newspapers out of the garbage, making them easier to recycle.